Small bathrooms don’t have to be dark and dank. Contrary to popular belief,making a small bathroom appear larger is not as hard as it seems. Here are 10easy ways to quickly make a small bathroom look bigger.
- Mirrors – Add larger mirrors to reflect light and provide the illusion ofspace.
- Lighten Up – Lighting doesn’t have to be harsh, but adequate lighting is amust.
- Remove Barriers – Open up the room with clear glass shower doors orshelves.
- Monotone Decorating – Use the same light colors on walls, countertops,floors and cabinetry to allow for the eyes to flow through the space.
- Negative Space – Consider using a pedestal sink which takes less spacethan traditional cabinets.
- Declutter – Find locations out of sight for toiletry items.
- Heads Up – Use the vertical space in the room too, tall cabinets providestorage and add interest to the room.
- Store Mats and Towels – Keep towels and floor mats out of sight unless inuse. A simple hand towel in a complementary color tone is all most guestsneed.
- Pocket Doors – Where you have room, use pocket doors or popular barnsliding doors to add extra space inside the bathroom.
- Glass – Clear glass shower doors is a great way to remove a visual barrierand make the room seem larger.
Try a few of these tricks to make your small space look a lot larger!